More Top Stories - Sponsored by FansKnowBest.com
Scouting Combine Day 3
...Day 3 of the NFL Scouting Combine examines the top collegiate linebackers and defensive linemen in this year’s draft. Pass-rushing defensive ends are always...
Scouting Combine Day 2
...The second day of the NFL Scouting Combine featured the workouts of the skill position players: quarterbacks, running backs, and wide receivers. Let’s take a closer look...
Scouting Combine Day 1
...The NFL Scouting Combine got underway in earnest on Saturday, February 22nd. The nation’s top college talent gathered in Indianapolis on...
Athlete Vault Team Recruiting Rankings
Updated November 26, 2007...
Michigan remains in the Athlete Vault top 10 recruiting rankings but will Lloyd Carr’s departure hurt them come National Signing Day. Let’s take a look at how the rest of the nation is shaping up in our latest team recruiting rankings.
- Notre Dame - While the Irish are having a horrible year, they top the list in the recruiting. This could be just what the doctor ordered with commits WR Michael Floyd, DE Ethan Johnson, QB Dayne Crist, TE Kyle Rudolph, and CB Robert Blanton on the way.
- USC – The Trojans continue to stockpile talent and dominate the state of California. The Trojans have an impressive offensive line class coming in with commits Tyron Smith, Matt Meyer, Matt Kalil. The Trojans also have the playmakers in WR Brice Butler, TE Blake Ayles, and Athlete D.J. Shoemate.
- Georgia – The Bulldogs have always recruited the state of Georgia well. Georgia Tech puts up a fight, but most football players in the state of Georgia grow up wanting to be a Bulldog. This year is a great year for talent in the state of Georgia. The Bulldogs are led by commits DE Toby Jackson, DT DeAngelo Tyson, RB Richard Samuel, RB Dontavius Jackson, and WR A.J. Green. With the exception of Green, the others are all from the state of Georgia.
- Miami (FL) – The Hurricanes are currently facing a touch rebuilding year. If the Hurricanes can keep some of their current commits, they will have assembled a great class. The Hurricanes have gone back to hitting South Florida hard and that will be the cornerstone of this class. The Canes are led by commits DT Marcus Forston, WR Aldarius Johnson, QB Jacory Harris, LB Marcus Robinson, and LB Ramon Buchanan. The Hurricanes also are still in the hunt for one time Miami (FL) commit, and all-world DB Patrick Johnson.
- Texas – The Longhorns strategy is simple, recruit and get commits early in the process. Often times, the Longhorns will give a recruit the opportunity to commit or he loses his scholarship offer. The Longhorns are hitting Texas hard and are led by commits CB Aaron Williams, LB Dravannti Johnson, S Nolan Brewster, DT Jarvis Humphrey, and OL David Snow.
- Florida State – The Seminoles are doing quite well in recruiting this year and hope that it will translate on the field for the next couple of years. The Seminoles have an impressive coaching staff and now look to grab more talent. The Noles have some impressive commits such as QB E.J. Manuel, LB Nigel Bradham, LB Nigel Carr, DT Moses McCray, and S C.J. Holton.
- Ohio State – The Buckeyes at the beginning of the season were thought to have a rebuilding year. Fast forward to now and the Buckeyes are going to play in a BCS bowl. The Buckeyes are a young team and will add commits LB Etienne Sabino, OL J.B. Shugarts, OL Michael Brewster, OL Mike Adams, and WR DeVier Posey. The Buckeyes will be battling USC for the best offensive line class for this year.
- Oklahoma – The Sooners are having a great year, and best of all they have a true freshman QB in Sam Bradford. The Sooners look to assemble some playmakers for the young QB in commits RB Jermie Calhoun, and RB Justin Johnson. The Sooners also look good on the defensive side with DE R.J. Washington, and S Joseph Ibiloye.
- Michigan – The Wolverines have the most potential to move down this list because of Carr’s retirement. My money is on Les Miles to replace Carr as the head coach of the Wolverines. The Wolverines are led by commits CB Boubacar Cissoko, RB Sam McGuffie, WR Darryl Stonum, LB J.B. Fitzgerald, and LB Marcus Witherspoon.
- Florida – The Gators are one of the hottest teams in the nation right now. Look out for the Gators because they have the most potential to move up this list. The Gators still have some targets left out there such as OL Matt Patchan, LB Lerentee McCray, LB Arthur Brown, RB Darrell Scott, DB Patrick Johnson, and RB Jamie Harper. Right now the Gators class is headlined by commits S Will Hill, S Dee Finley, LB Brendan Beal, and CB Janoris Jenkins.
Now that the season is winding down, recruiting will start to heat up. It’s going to be quite a race until National Signing Day in February.
Discuss this on the Athlete Vault Recruiting Forum at: http://www.athletevault.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=7